As one writer in your blog said, Trump is using race and patriotism for political purposes.
I don't buy trump is a racist, he above all is fixated on winning, defined as making money, receiving praise, being labeled a winner. I know he has a history in Real Estate of discrimination against blacks. I suggest that was a marketing move, he could sell more condos for more money if no blacks were invited, at least he thought so. his comments against hispanics, muslims blacks all for the benefit of praise and adoration by the base. I think his health care plan was in the tank, not going to pass and he comes out with this patriotic stuff about the NFL players. Kopernick taking the knee was largely old news, in a few weeks completely forgotten. he resurrected it knowing it would inflame the right and deflect criticism from his failing efforts to repeal obamacare. I think he has no principals conservative or liberal, racists or progressive. he does and says whatever he needs to stoke his ego.
I watched the Vietnam doc. last night and saw Spiro Agnew spouted off about how the anti-war protestors were not only unpatriotic, putting our soldiers at risk but dangerous. they all want to destroy our country. in response the black student president of the Northwestern University explained she and her followers condemned violence, and were just wanting a civil discussion
and pointed out that Agnew was trying to frighten the public and thereby divide us in his attempt to promote the war. I called mom in and played it again. it all sounded so familiar.
Denny Kubal
jdkubal@aol.com
jdkubal@aol.com
No comments:
Post a Comment