Uncivil discourse is a controversial topic to discuss about and is a harmful issue. For uncivil discourse to be legally accepted by society would be making a harmful claim and giving some reasoning behind such claim. For example, many people today revolve their lives around social media. Social media has a great part to do with uncivil discourse because anyone can post "hate" speech and people will engage in such claim made.
With the new presidential election that elected president Donald trump there has been many hate crimes and "hate" speech. I for one do not agree with most points about the president, but because I disagree with his views does not mean that I am going go on social media on post hate about him.
In the article that I chose that related to this topic discusses how teachers now a days are not keeping their opinion to their selves and voicing their voices about political discussions. With Donald Trump's election teachers has been discussing about immigration, gay rights, and issues related to race inside of classrooms. Since the election there has been a majority of bullying incidents related to national politics. Students are speaking out saying that Trump will deport a student's family and teachers have no taken matters in their hands to protect all their students.
No comments:
Post a Comment